The MicroJect 1000A offers an alternative method to deliver genes, proteins, macromolecules and micro-beads by direct injection into cells, tissues and oocytes simply and efficiently. This microinjection system provides consistent and precise delivery of volumes through digitally-controlled, stable pressure regulation maintained for a set duration of time. The compressed gas, internally-controlled pressure system also allows the precise delivery of desired volumes ranging from femtoliters to microliter volumes.
The MicroJect 1000A can hold a cell, oocyte or early stage embryo stationary while simultaneously using a separate pressure channel for injections. The system is versatile enough to provide the same consistent performance needed to inject large volumes into tissue such as capillaries, or pico volumes, for nuclear injections. It is also ideal for the gentle transfer of delicate fetal or stem cells into oocytes.
PRESSURE CONTROL FEATURES
- Key pressure features maximize injection potential with two negative and three positive pneumatic capabilities
- Negative pressure feature allows you to fill micropipettes from their tips
- “Fill” feature reduces waste.
- “Hold” feature lets you immobilize and manipulate a cell or oocyte using a micropipette.
- Positive pressure feature precisely discharges fluid by using the system’s “Clear” function
- Unique “Balance” feature provides a secondary balance pressure to maintain positive pressure on the injection pipette, avoiding the chance of diluting sample due to capillary action.
- Two footswitches included for easy operation of the Clear/Fill features.
The MicroJect 1000A system provides the “MAX”imum potential for your microinjection applications. The durability and precision of the MicroJect 1000A is coupled with two footswitches for easy operation of the Clear/Fill features. The system also includes two pipette holders and the appropriate adaptors.
|Item #||Product||Included Items|
|45-0752||MicroJect 1000A Max System||MicroJect 1000A pico-injector with Injection, Balance, Clear/Fill and Hold pressures. Also included are two Footswitches, Input/Output Hoses, Holding Hose, two Pipette Holders and Input Adaptor for Hoses, Power Cord and Manual|
|45-00751||MicroJect 1000A Plus System||MicroJect 1000A pico-injector with Injection, Balance, Clear/Fill and Hold Pressure. Includes one Footswitch, Input/Output Hoses, Holding Hose, one Pipette Holder and Input Adaptor for Hoses, Power Cord and Manual|
|45-0750||MicroJect 1000A Basic System||MicroJect 1000A pico-injector with Injection, Balance, Clear/Fill and Hold Pressure, Power Cord and Manual|
This product meets the requirements of the European Communities (EC) and complies with EMC Directive 89/336/EEC and 73/23/EEC for product safety.
|Input Gas Pressure||70 to 105 psi (480 to 720 kPa)|
|Injection Pressure||0.2 to 60 psi (413 kPa), regulated, multi-turn control|
|Balance Pressure||0.1 to 3.5 psi (68.9 kPa), regulated, multi-turn control, other ranges available upon request|
|Fill Vacuum||Internally produced, -12.0 psi (-82 kPa), unregulated|
|Holding Vacuum||Internally produced, 0 to 3 in H2O (0 to 0.75 kPa or 0 to 0.1 p.s.i.), regulated|
|Clearing Pressure||Input gas pressure, unregulated|
|Injection Timer||0.01 to 0.99 s in 10 ms steps; 1 to 99 s in Pulse Width 1 s steps|
|Injection Count Display||Digital, 0 through 9999|
|Duration Mode||Internally timed or externally gated|
|Time Trigger||Front panel, foot switch, or external TTL pulse (BNC)|
|Pressure Units||psi/kPa; switch selectable|
|Pressure Monitor||BNC connector, 10 mV/psi|
|Pressure Readout||Inject, balance, clear, output port|
|Line Voltage||100/110/220/240 VAC|
|Power Usage||220 W|
|Meter Accuracy||0.1% full scale|
|Foot Switches||Inject, fill, hold, and gated; provided in Plus and Deluxe packages|
|Weight||6.8 kg (15 lb)|
|Dimensions H x W x D||11 x 38 x 25.5 cm (5 x 15 x 10 in)|
|Accessories Supplied||Input, output and holding hoses|
- Nuclear transfer applications
- Transgenic animal development
- Injection of mouse, Xenopus, zebrafish and other oocytes
- Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection
- Cell injection
- Extracellular brain injections
- Injection of DNA, mRNA, microbeads and proteins